there will be 2 pumpkin and 1 chocolate pecan. i was planning 2 of each but just realized that i only have 3 10-inch pie plates. oops. 🙂 no worries… i have a plan.
here’s the first crust. currently the 2 pumpkin pies are in the oven.
recipe for one 8-9 inch crust (increase for a 10-inch or for a two-sided crust):
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
– sift together
1/3 cup mixed: chilled veg shortening (crisco) and unsalted butter – both should be chilled
– add this in small pieces to your sifted flour and salt
– using a pastry knife, mix the fats with into the dry things until the clumps are about pea-sized (try not to do it too much, or your crust will be tough
3-4 tbsp ice water (you should have set this aside at the beginning to get it nice and cold)
-drizzle 1 tbsp at a time over the flour mixture.
-after each drizzle, sweep it with a fork
-when done, use your hands to gently form it into a ball
– wrap the ball in plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge for 30 minutes or longer
– on floured surface, roll it out until it is about 1/4 inch thick and over-reaches the edges of the pie plate by as much as possible
-cut off some of the excess (save to make crust cookies)
– turn the excess under, pinch it and do whatever you need to do next (some pies need blind baking – pumpkin pie and choc pecan pie do not)
(blind baking: pre-cooking the crust. it must be weighted down, by the way.)
just one fix……..
crackcocaine pumpkin pie *nodnodnod*
Re: just one fix……..
matt tells me that pumpkin pie, by the way, is an aphrodisiac for men only. that pumpkin pie makes blood flow more easily to the penis.
and that lemon cake or something works the same for women.
Comments are closed.