i am in the office, alone! yes, it’s amazing. my boss is at a conference, two colleagues are on vacation, and my (temp) assistant left about 20 minutes ago. ahhhhhhh……
this is not the best day for this, as i stayed up way too late last night reading ("Labyrinth" by Kate Mosse). still, i may actually get something done.
news in short:
- wave gotik treffen was GREAT this year. saw good music, saw good friends, drank, ate, had a good time. thanks to gea & garry for luggage transport again!!!!
- my road trip to the balkans was also good – although too short. spent too much time getting there and back, and missed slovenia altogether. really enjoyed serbia, bosnia-herzogovina, and croatia, though. took small highways and backroads almost entire time (including the to/from, which is why that part took so long). next time: train the bike somewhere?
- last week/weekend: worked long long hours, began editing a friend’s latest novel, attended a really fun wedding party (including boat ride & yummy dinner) on saturday, and celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on sunday and kind of on monday. Monday was stolen by the LONG-AWAITED arrival of our tile order at the kitchen store. finally we can work on finishing up the kitchen!!!!
- tonight: mole enchiladas! yum!
- thursday: my (temp) assistant will be dj’ing at pacific parc. i will go and have a listen.
- friday: beer club then onderstroom
- saturday: i’m pretty sure there’s something on saturday, but i forget what… will have to check calendar
so now… i’m going to try to get some WORK done!!! all’s quiet!!!!
OH, AND HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAYS, MEL, NATHAN & LYNN!!!!