(btw – bold means DONE)
1. Started your own blog – i’m not actually sure that lj counts.
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band – i don’t think years of orchestras counts
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumping
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – a truly uninspiring experience
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. gondola ride in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – both
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise – as part of my road trip via motorcycle from stockholm to turku
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors – again unintentionally. my dad was adopted, but my mom’s side is all czech, and i lived there for a while & traveled.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – i think this is a fucked up question.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa – actually only Morocco, but it’s in Africa. Big continent, Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – from outside. the lines were ridiculous.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – only by foot. i’ve never taken the elevator.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business – well, gone to the trouble with paperwork, but plans fell through.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia – St. Petersburg only
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – i really really can’t.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – Auschwitz
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter – as a child. i loved it. i remember my stomach sinking.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – i have Beaker, my stick horse, and Big Bear, name perfectly descriptive
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar – yuck too salty.
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job – for disagreeing about the amount of sugar needed in a mocha latte. the customers liked my way, but my boss said it needed twice the sugar, at least. yes, i seriously was fired for this.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle – 🙂
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible (and the Koran, and several other religious texts)
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – i think having HELPED with this should count. i haven’t acted alone.
88. Had chickenpox – more than once. and yes, that IS possible.
89. Saved someone’s life – not directly.
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous – i tend to embarrass myself.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one – i can’t decide whether to bold this one or not. i have lost very good friends and been affected by the loss of others, but … i’m not the most deeply affected person ever.
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee – of course.
100. Read an entire book in one day – so often it shouldn’t be counted.